NSM Graduation Ceremony
Wednesday, May 17 at 9:00am
Activity Center (AB)
800 W. Campbell Road, Richardson, Texas 75080-3021
Congrats to the Class of 2023! Get ready to walk across the stage on May 17. Tag @UTDScience in your photos and use the hashtag #UTDGrad 😀
MORE INFO & TIPS
- Graduates should arrive 30-45 minutes prior to the Commencement Ceremony and should enter at the rotunda on the east end of the Activity Center.
- Make sure you have your GradPass ready on your phone or printed.
- Please do not take a picture or screenshot of your GradPass, it will not scan before you cross the stage.
- Guest Tickets and GradPass look similar, please ensure your guests have tickets and you have your GradPass.
- Guests should arrive early in order to find parking and be seated.
- A ticket is required for entrance into the Commencement Ceremony. The graduate does not need a ticket.
- Children (12 months of age and under) who sit in a lap during the entire ceremony do not require a ticket.
- The dress for the Commencement Ceremony is business casual. Graduates are required to arrive wearing the Approved Graduation Regalia. Please review the information regarding Honors Regalia. For all other cords, stoles, and embellishments please contact your recognized organization.
- Ensure that your regalia is zipped up before processing in.
- Place your tassel on the right side of your cap. You will be instructed by the UT Dallas President during the ceremony regarding when to move it to the left side.
- Graduates may bring bobby pins to secure their graduation cap.
- Wearing the white-collar with the gown is optional.
- Please leave all personal items, including purses and flowers, with guests as you will not be allowed to take anything with you to your seat.
- Upon arrival, please line up according to the Lineup Location on your GradPass.
- If you do not stand under the correct Lineup Location, you will walk across the stage under the incorrect degree.
- As the ceremony begins, Graduation Marshals will lead graduates to their seats. When you are directed to a row, take the next available seat and be seated immediately. Do NOT leave empty seats.
- After speeches and recognition of Honors, the Graduation Marshals will lead you to a staging area before you walk across the stage.
- Have your GradPass ready on your phone or printed, as you enter the staging area. The orator will scan your GradPass prior to you crossing the stage. This will prompt the reading of your name and the screen to display your name, degree, and honors.
- While in the stage area, Flash Photography will take your photograph.
- When you approach the stage, your GradPass will be scanned.
- You will then walk across the stage, shake hands with the Dean of your school and receive a diploma cover (Doctoral graduates will receive their diplomas).
- Step down from the stage and follow the Graduation Marshal back to your seat.
- The Commencement Ceremonies typically last 1 to 1.5 hours.
- All graduates and guests will be recessed out to the Davidson-Gundy Alumni Center for "Grads on the Green", which includes photo opportunities and special gifts.
- Graduates and guests WILL NOT be allowed access back in the Activity Center or ATC Lecture Hall following the Commencement Ceremony.
- All rented doctoral regalia needs to be returned to the UT Dallas Bookstore.
UTD strives to create inclusive and accessible events in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you require an accommodation to fully participate in this event, please contact the event coordinator (listed below) at least 10 business days prior to the event. If you have any additional questions, please email ADACoordinator@utdallas.edu and the AccessAbility Resource Center at email@example.com.